Thursday 15 December 2011

Typewriter!

I took photos of my new typewriter but then completely forgot to upload them!

My tutor told me about this typewriter for sale in a charity shop, it just needed the ribbon changing- and it was only £20- Bargain!

It's a Daro Erika Typewriter- It's not too old but it smells vintage and old. I've already completed one project on it (photos to come soon) and I have another project which has been chosen for an exhibition- my 'Fish and Man' piece which was created using an Oliver Typewriter.

I wrote a letter to two of my girlfriends Laura and Fran and one to Sam Winston, of whom replied and we had a good old chat- it's worth writing to designers! I'm hoping to go down to London in the New Year to do a placement with him. Check him out, he's fantastic.


(apologies for the out of focus photograph)






It came with the original beautiful leather case, manual and instructions.


My letter to Sam Winston



If you ever get the chance to buy a cheap typewriter- buy one. They make little grifts far more personal and cute. They're gorgeous pieces of machinery, beautifully crafted and made.


No comments:

Post a Comment