Monday 5 December 2011

Where have I been?

I've been working the Lincoln Christmas Market! Which is why I haven't updated my blog in a while.
I've been working 12 and even 13 hour days- stood on my feet ushering people across the road safely (around 100,000 people on Saturday!)

The ORANGE team was the best! We had the toughest job ;) But with the help of the police, our work was a success. I met some great people- some weird folks too! The police were hilarious- by the end of the 4 days we were joking around and making fun out of one another. Charlie, Ian, Inigo and Keith, you guys were ACE! 



I was listening to the radio we had connected to our ear piece- we had the radios connected to every steward, police officer, ambulance staff and the fire brigade service which gave us something to listen to. 'Orange 1 to orange alpha over.'


On top of that, I got a few freebies! My friend managed to smooth talk the old man to get some flashy toys- WIN!


And not only that but Charlie let me borrow her police hat. I loved her impression of the 'No no no cat'! 


All in all- a very fun but tiresome four days. Now I need to rest my foot as my tendon on my heel has seized- wonderful!

Thanks for reading. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment