Wednesday 7 August 2013

Am I going to be published?! ... An Anthology of Typewriter Art by Barrie Tullet

I was thrilled to recieve an email yesterday from my former Graphic Design tutor, Barrie. I received an email a few months ago asking if my work can be featured in his book 'An Anthology of Typewriter Art'. Of course, I was over the moon and sent my work across.

Then a few weeks later I received an email saying the copyright might not be cleared for the extract of text that I used from the book and they were waiting for confirmation from the publishers. It didn't look too good.


But behold! Yesterday the copyright was cleared and I will now be definitely featured in the book. 

The print run will be approximately 10,000 and it's expected to be published in April 2014 by Laurence King Publishing 'now recognised as one of the world's leading publishers of books on the creative arts.' 

I'm absolutely thrilled to bits and so honoured to be asked to be a part of it.


I won't give away the photograph of the typographic piece I created because I don't want to spoil the surprise ;)


Watch this space!!



No comments:

Post a Comment