Wednesday 3 April 2013

One of the highest points in Hull with Father David!

For those of you who might stumble upon this post but don't know much about me or this blog, my Father is the Vicar of St. James Sutton-on-Hull Church (see the website for this beautiful church by clicking here). On Saturday morning he took me up right to the top of the Church tower which is one of the highest points in Hull!

Here's a few snaps of the breath-taking view..

Firstly we had to go up a tiny spiral staircase all the way up to a floor. It was so small I barely fit in it.


After going up 3 ladders, we finally reached the top and after we climbed up onto the roof, this was the fantastic view that we saw.

 The Church Hall and Cemetery.

Right in the distance on the left past the huge chimney you can see The Humber Bridge.





On the way down the first set of ladders, my Dad tried to put the bell so that it would ring. Unfortunately, I think the bell was a little too heavy!

The set of bells.


A polaroid taken at the top. A little over-exposed because of the bright sunlight but still a great photo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment