Monday 26 September 2011

A thoughtful gift : Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter...

My lovely boyfriend bought me Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter's 'The Sixteenth Round'. It's the story of a boxing champion who was wrongly accused of murder.

'The Sixteenth round is a timeless, eye-opening portrait of growing up black in America, a scathing indictment of the U.S prison system, and the mesmerising re-creation of Hurricane's battles in the ring and in the courtroom. The power of Carter's voice, as well as his ironic humour, makes this an eloquent, soul-stirring account of a remarkable life.'

I'd seen the film years ago and heard the song by Bob Dylan but have been waiting to buy the book when I had enough funds. So, my boyfriend bought this book for me as a surprise and I can't wait to read it! Thank you Daniel Haigh!  



No comments:

Post a Comment